Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Not a great biking day...

Had a road rage incident on the way to work -details cannot be printed here... Then on the way home, this adventure: Ran out of gas at the green dot and the closest station was the red dot... so I pushed my 366 lb GSX-R 750 (dry weight since it was EMPTY!) 1.7 miles on the shoulder of the 70mph 121 Tollway in 6pm, 100 degree Texas heat. It is elevated, so no way out. Map shows 2 min by car- it's 1 hour by motorcycle push. Also had to cross the gauntlets of 1 exit to south 35 and 2 entrance ramps (4 lanes) from 35 (little excitement here as 1 car locked up brakes screeching past another that was slowed probably staring at me). When I finally got to the gas station, I filled up myself with 1 bottle Gatorade and 1/2 bottle water - I wore the other half. Luckily, once the bike had gas in it, she ran fine. Good news is I now know exactly how much fuel my tank holds: 4.848 gallons@$18.42. As far as how I ran out of gas? My instrument cluster is dead and I now know my low fuel light is dead as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment