Sunday, June 19, 2011

76 Buick Skyhawk v6 5-speed

My first HotRod - I literally drove the wheels off this 76 Buick Skyhawk v6 5-speed - found this picture of it from a period about 2 major crashes before its demise. They finally had to haul it away... after one too many races where i had to win by taking the gravel shoulder...
I did learn many of my mechanical, repair and "rig" skills with her since I couldn't afford to pay anyone to do it (there is a reason the shot is from this side). Add to that, the road trips, camping trips, the stereo mod's, the dating trials, floods (water outside was up to my window and rising fast inside), and countless other experiences -hmmm, there may be a book here - Yes, the education I gained from this car over the years would cost thousands in the academic world.
Wow, just looking at her, I can practically take her apart bolt by bolt in my mind.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment