Tuesday, November 2, 2010

iphone, an unavoidable review

Ok, so I am no fan of apple. I really don't have anything against them, except that they play for the other team (not that way) They are Ford to my chosen Chevy

Anyway, I have avoided iphones and stuck to windows mobile (blackjack ii and the jack currently) but my work hooked me up with an iphone4 to test user apps for support of the oracle crm ondemand we are utilizing (and other mobile apps)

And said phone arrived today :
  • first note, the phone comes in a very compact, well made box - impressive, yet one wonders, why?
  • second - the thing is heavy as all get out - though compact, and I am sure there is a lot of computing power in that small space
  • just bought a case for it at lunch and went with the otterbox which is a baddass case though it about doubles the size of the phone (and I am a bit disturbed by the circle cutout in the backside just so you can see the little apple logo...)
I'll keep you posted... maybe

3 comments:

  1. ok, day 2 and welcome to day 2...

    pretty sweet little device
    I haven't given up my phone yet, but web browsing on the iphone kick butt over my little non-touch-screen

    todays gripes:
    can't assign my mp3 clips as ringtones or any other tone - kind of heard about that, but it sure chafes me arse
    Ok, now I want to save a file from an email or a message - nope - can't do that

    todays oooh's:
    screenshot function is pretty cool
    tried the hi-def video camera, nice
    used mocha's remote desktop lite - very cool (I can control my work computers from the iphone)

    speaking of apps - Today's apps:
    remote desktop lite
    imdb
    ap
    directv
    kxt (radio)
    amazon
    flixster
    opera mini (browser I use on my win mobile phones)
    rmaker (trying a ringtone maker though it is a bit of a hassle going thru itunes as many know)
    oracle mobile sales assistance
    and just loaded google mobile

    cheers for now

    ReplyDelete
  2. day three...

    you can't cc or bcc on a sms message? wth?
    no custom sounds other than ringtone?!
    no snooze on meeting reminders?!

    todays new app - tagreader... ehh

    ReplyDelete
  3. mocha remote desktop lite + vpn = control work pc's from anywhere - now that is pretty cool

    i also really like being able to capture a screen shot of the phone and taunt people with it via mms

    this phone has a really nice hd video camera that works well

    not real impressed with the hdr still camera but aplaud the effort

    the weekend came and i finally had to load some entertainment apps:
    f1 live timing was ok
    isiesmo is pretty cool gee-whiz-wise
    speed channel is ok
    first real game:
    fastlane lite - bored after winning first race...

    still bugged about not being able to personalize any sound but ringtone - though i have found i can at least have a different ringtone for each contact (though it is quite the pain to load and manage ala itunes)

    :o

    ReplyDelete